As a tutor you will be responsible for exercises and practicals of a specific course. Duties include repetition, practical skills development and if necessary deepen the understanding of the students for the content of the courses. Additionally, the creation of a learning environment which encourages students to work individually is part of your core task as a tutor.
The tutor qualification is offered to tutors of specific courses to then take responsibility for online tutorials of subjects. In preparation for the role, the tutors will be instructed in the following topics.
Content of the Qualification
- Tasks and boundaries of the tutor
- The role and attitude of the tutor
- Preparation for the target audience / group
- The creation of (online) practice sessions / tutorials
- Dealing with difficult situations
- The principle of minimal help
- Development of personal teaching style
- Simulation of practice sessions / tutorials
- Hours per session: 4 Hours
- Number of participants: 4 – 12
- Condition for Participation: Planned activity as a tutor for a course
- A certificate will be awarded to participants upon successful completion